Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nothing says Spring like..

ali's hat2

I broke down and bought a sewing maching this past weekend. My kids and I have odd shaped bodies...long legs, short legs, small waist, ...you get the picture. So I decided that I wanted to start sewing again, plus, Ali wants to learn how to sew. So, I made a hat. My very first hat. I tweaked the pattern and made it a reversible hat. Ali and I picked out the material last week when I thought I was going to make her a capri outfit. Ali stole my hat!! It is not perfect, but she loves it just the same. A couple of people couldn't believe that her mom made it...I know what I'm giving as "end of the year" gifts! I guess if the hat makes her that happy, it's hers. Plus, the colors scream Ali. Ahhh, life is good, spring is here and it's warm.

2 comments:

Brandi Sims said...

you should make more and sell them! :)

Kathryn said...

Love. the. hat.!!!

We should bring our machines to the reunion..OR do you want to do a sewing swap of quilt blocks and then bring that to the reunion...my head is swimming with sewing ideas!!!