Monday, May 11, 2009

Whew what a week

Here is the condensed version:

Wed. afternoon the kids and I go to Cullman to see my dad, Trudy and Gavin. Ali and I took Trudy to have a "girls afternoon" so that she could pick out some things. Good time was had by all. That night dad hurt my feelings. It doesn't really matter what he said to me...it wasn't even about that. I now realize that I have issues with feeling like I'm not good enough. Always wanting approval...all the time. But that's not real life and I'm working on it...sort of.

Thursday the kids were playing out behind the hotel and found a purse with a wallet and some clothes...they came and got me and then after I had a look, I called the police. Ali was freakin out saying "they have our fingerprints!"...note to self...don't let the kids watch CSI anymore. :) So a report was made and all is well. The police think that someone stole a purse and dumped it.

Friday, Gavin came to spend the night. He's a good kid and I'm glad that mine get along with him. I was going to go eat lunch with my dad, but Prince (the newest baby horse) was not looking good and I decided that it was best that I stay with him. I had gone to the seed store and bought some "baby milk" to feed to Prince. I fed him a couple of times and checked on him a lot. Friday night the boys (Nate, Seth and Gavin) and Ali did fireworks. After the fireworks, Ali and I went to feed Prince again.

Saturday Daddy Hugh called and said that Prince didn't make it through the night. I swear...I really hoped that he would have. I am determined to learn as much as I can about minis so that I can help them. We then went to Cullman to drop Gavin off and some clothes I had for consignment. Oh, and before we left home dad called to say that durring the time they were here in Bama a storm hit Sherman. The storm blew down their back fence and their dog "Lucas" got out and got hit by a car and passed away. A neighbor found him and called my dad. They have the worst luck. The past couple of times they have visited they have had: a fire (in their home) a flood and now this. I had jokingly asked if they were going to have locusts the next time (this was before the dog though).

Mother's Day: we cooked lunch for Gran because she always cooks for us on Sunday's...I don't know how she does it...I would need at least 2 ovens! We then went to the mall so that Ali could spend some of her early birthday money.

Today: I decided that I needed to filter through the last few days so I hit the gym. There is something calming to me to jog, listen to my music and not focus on anything. This is the best time for me to think. So I hit the treadmill and when I realized that I really needed water I noticed that I had run 3 miles. Holy crap! I normally only do 1 or 2 but I guess I needed the extra today. I feel better and less stressed now. Heck, I may try to hit it again tomorrow....which is Ali's birthday. I need to go make her cake tonight, but I may put it off till tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day ya'll!

No comments: