Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Year ya'll! Last night we had a couple over for the New Year. They have been friends of ours for 7? maybe 8 years. They have 2 boys (14 and 12) at least I think that's their ages....I know, I should know that. Anyway, we had homemade bread, ham, mixed greens, mashed potatoes, apple pie and ice cream. The kids did fireworks and a pinata and were still up when I went to bed (3 ish) except for Ali...she needs sleep. We had a great time looking back at our last several new years' experiences. The couple has come over to our house the last 4 years...it's crazy that it doesn't seem that long. We were talking about what our motto would be for 2009. Here are some that I came up with....enjoy:

It's all mine in 2009 <----- not sure if I want it all, just the good stuff
Little behind in 2009 <---- as in little butt
Overtime in 2009 <----- this one made me laugh
Lookin fine in 2009
More wine in 2009 <---- I like that this one can also mean whine
O'Neal time in 2009
Don't owe a dime in 2009 (can you tell the adult beverages were getting to me?)
Here's my sign in 2009 <--- yes, I'm a closet blonde :D


I guess you get the idea. Hope everyone had a safe New Year's. Now, go clean something!

2 comments:

gabgirl said...

you made me laugh!!
had to share some of your "2009 lines" with rusty!! cracked me up...

wishing your family an absolutely amazing 2009 filled with god's richest blessings...more blessings than you can even hold!

i love ya'll & feel so incredibly blessed that we get the priveledge of doing "life" together as a family. i heart our family....
gg

Brandi Sims said...

yeah, it's been about 7 years!

aaron will be 14 this month and alex will be 12 next month. :P
you don't have to remember that...i can never remember how old seth & ali are!

i'm so glad our kids get along so well. it's nice :)

the food was great and the time with you guys was so fun. thanks for having us over.

healthy time on 09!

<3