Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Basketball, basketball and more basketball

Whew, we finally finished up with the first basketball camp for Ali. She liked it and it was good for her. Her game is improving. We are now in the middle of her second basketball camp this week. The middle school coach came up to us (Ali and I) the first night of camp and asked if Ali would be interested in being one of the managers for the girls' middle school team. This would involve Ali going to practices and doing the workouts right along with the middle school girls. She would also be helping the coach in what ever he needed (water, towels, etc..) So she said she wanted to. I guess it helps that her 2 best friends are also managers. At our school a 6th grader can be a manager but not on the team. (you have to be 7th or 8th grade for that), even though 6th is considered middle school. So she has weight training Mon and Thurs nights from 5:30 to 7pm.

Seth's basketball workouts started tonight. He will be training Tues and Thurs from 4 to 5:30.
So my schedule for this summer right now is:

Monday 5:30 to 7 7 to 9
Seth (football) Ali (basketball)

Tues 4 to 7
Seth (Basketball)

Thurs 4 to 5:30 5:30 to 7 7 to 9
Seth (basketball) Seth (football) Ali (basketball)

Whew, so much for a lazy summer!

I started on my quilt...I got half of the top sewn... I am hoping to have it finished by the end of summer...we'll see. I'll post pics later next week.


Oh, and Ali was invited to her bff's house Friday. Keep your fingers crossed. We are hoping that she will be able to do it this time. I bet she will. She is very excited about it.

2 comments:

kara said...

Whew, girl...you are one busy woman in the summertime! It's great that the kids have found what they enjoy, though. Makes all those miles worth it! :)

gabgirl said...

your schedule looks a lot like ours (minus the CRAZY weekends of baseball)!

have to agree with kara...it's worth the effort to have your kids immersed in the all of the fun, friendships, confidence, and all of the MANY wonderful things that come from being a part of a "team."

crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer for ali friday night! i remember calling home, myself!!