Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ok, here it is...I know you want it!

You want to know why I love the 1950s housewife stuff?? I know you do, (and even if you don't) I'm gonna tell you anyway. This is also a venting session too.
A woman knew her place! Yep, I said it...I probably won't win any popularity votes but this is how it was. A woman's job was to keep the house, the kids and herself looking nice. It didn't matter if all you had was a potato sack...you rocked it anyway. A woman carried herself with grace and dignity. There was shame...almost everyday you hear of something or someone that would have brought shame to the family....I think we need more nowadays. It might make the news a bit less depressing.
Oh, ok, back to my rant....so, a woman kept the house, planned meals, made the "man" feel like a man. The man also had his place...work and in the yard. I wish it was so simple to say "yes, I'll keep the house, kids, meals and myself...you go to work everyday...etc" But now it is completely different. A woman (most that I know) works just as much as her husband but she still has 99% of the housework, kids' homework, meetings with the teachers...birthday parties (don't forget buying the gifts for those parties), meals, grocery shopping...and everything else (I'm sure I don't have to tell you...you know) So here is a lady who is trying to do her "job" in the house plus she also has work outside the house....add in yard work, fixing up the house (both decorating and fixing), trying to make the outside look nice too....see? You knew where I was going... :D. Now, if that said woman has friends where is she supposed to find the time to enjoy them? What if she has a hobby? I tell you, if I have 30 minutes to myself...dangit, I'm taking a bath and locking the door! I don't think I was cut out for this 2009 crap. But if you know me then you also know that I hate to clean house...I'll iron, do laundry, heck I'll even dust; but make me hold a mop in my hand and I'll smack ya. So I guess I do have some 2009 woman in me. I'm having a hard time trying to find a balance between them....and so far the only thing I'm doing is hiding under the covers. I know this is dis-jointed, but hey, I'm dis-jointed. At least now that it's out I wont have a breakdown...unless I get a 30 minute bath with that!

No comments: